Woohoo! Only half of a day of my juice fast left and I am feeling great! This has been the easiest fast I have ever done and I know it is because I am doing it alongside twenty something other folks, including my wonderful husband! Today is our twenty-third anniversary and we are celebrating it by finishing our fast with our favorite personal version of a V-8. We use a base of organic tomatoes that we get at our local organic co-op, with a green pepper, cucumber, 5 stalks of celery, 2 cloves of garlic, 1 jalepeno, 1 beet, and a handful of fresh basil. It is divine and will be a great close to a wonderfully rewarding week and a great way to celebrate 23 years of marriage!
I will post tomorrow on how the fast helped me health-wise. It’s good to report that I have literally no hunger. I will admit that I am excited about the taste of a banana tomorrow! I am looking forward to getting back into eating again but I am committed to eating only whole! I already eat one-hundred percent plant-based but at times I indulge in organic corn chips or some sort of packaged food. I will probably occasionally have something like this as a treat, but not often.
After fasting for seven days you will notice that you will crave healthy things because fasting resets your taste buds. It’s a nice benefit of fasting. Every morsel of whole plant foods will taste like the best thing since sliced bread. I promise. Don’t give in to temptations of eating edible food-like substances. Once you give that stuff to your taste buds, they become corrupt again.
Today let’s focus on some great ingredients for your juices and how they help the body heal:
- Cabbage juice – heals the digestive tract
- Cantelope juice – great for fevers
- Carrot juice – improves vision and skin
- Celery juice – relieves eczema and psoriasis
- Cherry juice – relief from arthritis and gout
- Chili pepper juice – burns fat and helps with pain
- Citrus juice – builds the immune system to fight influenza
- Cucumber juice – tones the skin
- Dandelion greens juice – detoxifies and nourishes the liver
- Fennel juice – relieves heartburn
- Garlic/Onion juice – gets rid of worms, helps prevent cancer, arteriosclerosis/atherosclerosis
- Kale juice – prevents osteoporosis due to it’s highly bioavailable calcium
- Lettuce juice – vegetable narcotic for headaches and nervousness
- Parsley juice – allergies, skin problems, mercury toxicity, and cellulitis
- Potato juice – pulls heavy metals from body
- Spinach juice – anemia, fatigue and wrinkles
- Tomato juice – wakes up the liver, helps with chronic fatigue, hypoglycemia and yeast infection
- Watermelon juice – arthritis, gout, and skin problems
Juice on! To your health!
Nothing tastes as good as thin and healthy feel!