Healthy Pecan Pie
From The Kitchen Of: May All Be Fed – John Robbins
Author: Deb Harrell, ND
Recipe type: Dessert
Serves: Makes a 10-in pie
- 1 recipe Whole Wheat Pie Dough (below)
- ½ cup pure maple syrup
- ¼ cup barley malt syrup or brown rice syrup
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 Tbls. Arrowroot powder
- 2 Tbls. Raw tahini
- 2 ½ cups pecan halves
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Line a 10-inch pie pan with the pie dough. With a fork, prick holes all over the bottom & sides of the shell.
- Bake until a light golden color, 10 to 15 minutes. Let cool.
- Put the maple syrup, barley syrup, cinnamon, arrowroot, and tahini in a food processor and process until smooth. Add the pecans and pulse several times to coarsely chop the nuts.
- Pour the filling into the baked pie shell.
- Bake until the filling is bubbly and the top is evenly browned, 25 to 30 minutes.
- Cool completely before serving.