Fresh Strawberry Pie
Fresh strawberry pie - there is no dessert more satisfying, refreshing, AND healthy! From The Kitchen Of: Deb Harrell, ND Enjoy! A delicious, nutritious summertime treat.
Author: Deb Harrell, ND
- Pie Crust:
- 1 cup raw almonds, soaked overnight
- 1 cup soft pitted dates
- ½ tsp vanilla
- 7 or 8 large strawberries
- 5 soft dates, pitted
- 2 bananas, fairly ripe
- 1 TBL fresh lemon juice
- Fruit filling:
- 2 pints Fresh Strawberries, Quartered
- Grind the nuts in food processor until finely chopped.
- Add the dates & vanilla & blend well.
- Press thinly into a pie plate to form shell.
- Blend binder all together in a food processor or blender until well mixed.
- Fold strawberries into binder & fill shell.
- Cover with plastic wrap & store in refrigerator.
- Chill before serving.