Creamy Sweet Potato Pasta
I used up some cooked sweet potatoes I had in the fridge to make this creamy sauce that was delicious on gluten-free spiral pasta.
Author: Deb Harrell, ND
Recipe type: Entree
- 1 medium onion diced
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 1 lb baby bella mushrooms sliced
- 1 cooked sweet potato, peeled
- 1 medium tomato, or 10 grape tomatoes, sliced
- 1 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 2 TBL fresh or 1 tsp dried basil and oregano to taste
- 1 TBL chipotle peppers (optional - very spicy)
- 1 10 oz packaged brown rice pasta, or other whole-grain pasta spirals
- Boil the pasta according to directions. Rinse.
- Sautee the onion, garlic, and mushrooms in water until soft. Add the sweet potato and mash in the pan with the other veggies.
- Add the herbs, tomatoes and almond milk. Stir well and cook on low to allow the flavors to mingle.
- Spoon over pasta and enjoy!