- ½ cup dried fruit-sweetened cranberries or raisins
- ½ cup water
- ⅔ cup unsweetened almond milk
- ¼ cup coconut, grapeseed or sunflower oil
- 3 Tablespoons pure maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 cups Einkorn or spelt flour
- 1.5 teaspoons non aluminum baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon fine sea salt
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Put the cranberries and water in a small saucepan, and bring to a simmer. Remove from the heat, cover, and let stand for five minutes. Drain well.
- In a medium bowl, combine the almond milk, oil, maple syrup, and cinnamon.
- Whisk the flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt in a large bowl until combined. Add the almond milk mixture and cranberries and combine, using as few strokes as possible so you do not over mix the dough.
- Turn the dough out onto a lightly floured work surface. Shape the dough into a ball and pat out with your fingers to a thickness of ½ inch. Use a lightly floured 2 inch round cookie cutter to cut out the scones. Gather up scraps, pat out again and cut out more scones. You should have 15 total.
- Transfer the scones to an un-greased baking sheet. Bake until lightly browned, 20 to 25 minutes. Serve hot.
Best Breakfast Recipes Start With Cranberry Scones
In my opinion, the best breakfast recipes start with cranberry scones. First, I love cranberries and secondly I love scones. I’m not sure if you’ve ever heard that the most important meal of the day is breakfast. So, why not look up easy breakfast recipes? You can start off by printing breakfast recipes right here at Health Peak.
Healthy Recipes for Breakfast
You can find healthy breakfast recipes anywhere, but you don’t get the quality advice like you can here from Dr. Deb and Health Peak. Health Peak shares healthy recipes for all occasions. So, stop by often to see new, exciting and healthy breakfast recipes right here.
A Healthy Lifestyle Starts with a Healthy Diet
Most people realize, even if they don’t act upon it, that a healthy lifestyle starts with a healthy diet. Many people in todays world eat out of the house constantly and this is one of the main reasons we are the most obese country in the world.
If they’d take their time to find healthy recipes, then they could start with easy breakfast recipes and go from there. One could prepare their best breakfast recipes in the evening so that in the morning they can whip up breakfast quickly. Get healthy recipes for lunch, making it easy to eat a healthy lunch. Come home in the evening and eat healthy.
In between, walk as much as possible, exercise 3-4 times a week and live a healthy lifestyle instead of waking up one day fat and sick. There is an old saying, “If it is to be, it’s up to me!” So, start with baby steps on your way to a healthy lifestyle. Those baby steps start with the most important meal of the day, breakfast. And, the best way is to start with healthy recipes like these cranberry scones. So print this recipe right now and place it with the rest of your healthy recipes.
Please leave your feedback on this recipe in the comment section below. And, if you have any questions feel free to contact Dr. Deb by clicking the link and sending her an email. Stop by often and share your thoughts with your friends, neighbor and family about Dr. Deb’s website. It’s all about PEAK HEALTH!