Authentic Spanish Rice
The trick to making authentic Spanish rice is browning the rice. You'll never go back to the boxed stuff after you've made this recipe. From The Kitchen Of: Deb Harrell, ND
Author: Deb Harrell, ND
- 2 cups brown rice
- 1 TBL olive oil
- 3 large cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 cans organic chopped tomatoes
- 1 can water
- Brown the rice in the oil until almost black! Continue stirring during this whole process. Your goal is to get every kernel dark brown.
- Once you achieve this, add onions & garlic and sauté while stirring for 5 minutes.
- Add tomatoes & water and bring to a boil. Turn down & simmer 45 minutes until all water is absorbed.
- Add more water if you feel it needs it.